Abruzzo is the only region in Italy which can boast three National Parks and whilst on this tour you get to explore all three. Lying to the east of Rome, Abruzzo is a remote and unspoilt region. Beautiful villages perch on the hilltops and are surrounded by the majestic peaks of the Apennine mountains. The parks are abound with wild flowers and are home to chamois, deer, wolves and the Marsican bear. The local people are justly proud of this magnificent region and offer a warm welcome to all who visit. When visiting the region in October, you will get to see the autumn colours changing and the ancient Beech forests when they are at there most beautiful.
The highlights of the journey are the superb walks in the mountain regions, genuine warmth of the people, the delicious local food and wine and visiting the ancient medieval villages.
Duration: 9 days starting and finishing in the wonderful city of Rome
Trip focus: Walking in the Abruzzo region where time seems to have stood still, taking part in a cooking class of traditional Abruzzese specialities and staying in the very unique environment of Sextantio Albergo Diffuso.
Accommodation: 8 nights in 4 star hotels
Transport: Air-conditioned mini bus
Group Size: Maximum 16
Single Supplement: €250
Operated by one of our local operators
- 2 very experienced and knowledgeable English speaking tour guides
- 3 nights at the 4 star Sextantio Albergo Diffuso, 2 nights at the small family run hotel the Hotel Archi San Rocco and 3 nights at the 4 star Hotel Villino Quintilliani
- All meals including local wines, gourmet picnic lunches and snacks en route
- You will only need to carry a backpack and water with you
- Museum visits and wine tastings as per trip itinerary
- Comprehensive pre-trip information
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Visas, airfare and airport taxes
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Drinks, other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees*
- Anything not mentioned in “inclusions”